Ultimate Simple Latitude update for your iPhone and Android
Good day Simple Latitude user!
We have good news for you and glad to announce that a massive update for the Simple Latitude app has been published to the App Store and the Play Market! We’ve added a lot of cool new features, refactored existing and implemented your suggestions. We hope that you will like them and some of the list are below
Fundamentally new interface
Now you have all your data in one place. You history, friends, invitations, privacy settings, everything is there. The new handy friend list allows you to easily manage friends, send/accept requests, configure privacy, and many more features are there. The new profile page has lots of new user interaction features as well:
– ping the selected user (ask user to update his location)
– email to the user
– call/sms him
– route to the location of the selected user (if known)
Privacy settings for you and your friends
We have added new and powerful way to manage privacy for your location within the app. You can change the privacy settings in your profile:
– Exact Location and History (will be available in the next versions)
– Exact Location
– Rough Location (shows city, country)
– Do not share my Location
Also you can set the privacy settings for selected friends which makes the configuration to be really flexible and complete.
Now you can choose an interval for your location history displayed on the map. It could be a day, week, month or all available history. We have also added ability to export the history for a given interval and send it to your email. You can use your favorite location tools like to load the files in universal format like KML and GPX.
Push notifications support
We finally added support for push notifications. You will never miss a friend or ping requests any more. Push notifications are sent on:
– Friend request
– Confirmed friendship
– Ping (request to update your location)
Battery and other improvements
– Optimized for low battery background location tracking (really low, only 1% of your battery is used for normal phone usage)
– Stores locations when you are offline and processes them in batches to save your data and battery
– Became even more stable and reliable in terms of foreground and background location tracking
Thank you for being our user! We are listening to your feedback and want to know your thoughts about the update. Tell us your feedback!
or just visit the Simple Latitude home page